Following an early career in mental health in the UK, I was a school psychologist in the Victorian Department of Education until 1990 when I took up an appointment at the University of Melbourne.
There I was responsible for co-ordination, course development, instruction and supervision of Masters and Doctor of Educational Psychology students.
In January 2012 I then took up a position as Executive Manager, Science and Training in the Australian Psychological Society.
In 2013 I was elected Vice President Oz Child
In 2014 I joined the Positive Education Research Advisory Group, Geelong Grammar School
During the period 1990-2012 I have:
- presented at 140 National and International Conferences, including 17 keynoted
- conducted workshops and consultancies
- co-supervised PhD theses, Masters and Doctor of Educational Psychology Research Theses.
Many of these theses have been professional practice oriented.
During this period I have also produced individually or collaboratively:
- 14 books (some in Italian and French editions);
- 4 psychological tests (some in Spanish and Slovenian editions);
- 26 chapters in books
- 32 papers in refereed international journals and 56 refereed papers in Australian journals,
- 26 published conference proceedings and
- 28 articles in professional journals